At Vestacare we believe in making sure that our staff are trained to deliver the right support for a person, their family and friends to help people lead a meaningful life and learn new skills without unnecessary restrictions.
This year we will train all our staff in Positive Behaviour Support with B-Inspired, our training partners who are qualified and experienced training practitioners.
- We seek to understand the reasons for behaviour so that unmet needs can be met
- We consider the person as a whole – their life history, physical health and emotional needs
- We are proactive and preventative, focusing on the teaching of new skills to replace behaviours that challenge
- We combine perspectives from different professionals
- We produce PBS plans in partnership with the person and their families